Thursday 21 February 2008

At WDW there is over 61,000 cast members and the payroll is over $1.1billion a year!!

Just a quick update, probably the last before my inteview! I got Lizzie to sign my form properly today and I got the letter printed on University letterhead as well :) So the last thing to get now is my birth certificate!

I have been thinking about which area of Disney I would like to work in... all along I have said merchandise because I have 2 1/2 years of retail experience (I knew Clarks would come in handy one day...) however it has occured to me through reading the various blogs and forums that I could end up working in one of the hotels if I am doing merchandise. That would be a bit rubbish, I would like to work in the parks (just as everyone else does!). I might put down attractions as my top choice which would involve working on one of the rides or shows but apparently there aren't that many positions in that (especially I'm thinking considering it's February and there are a load of people already with jobs for this summer from the November interviews). So it's a bit of a dilemma really... theoretically I have the most experience in merchandise but I might end up in a rubbish place, however I know more about it and maybe would be more likely to get the job? Meh. I don't know. Maybe I will wait until the interview day and see the presentation before I decide. The problem is these few days leading up to the interview because I just keep thinking about it!! If it was over and done with I wouldn't be overthinking the whole thing!!

Wish me luck! (Don't know who that is addressed to seen as nobody knows about this blog yet... maybe it's to myself? :P)

x

No comments: